Wednesday 9 June 2021

BUMBLING CLUB OFFICIALS ACCIDENTALLY REGISTER NEW SIGNINGS WITH “ELF” INSTEAD OF EFL.

By Throw In

Embarrassment this week as due to a typo club officials accidentally registered the new signings of Nicke Kabamba and Mitch Pinnock with a mythical Elf, instead of the English Football League (EFL).

No blushes were spared at the PTS Academy Stadium, as the Chief Executive and Press Officer who run the club, weren’t aware of the typo until being contacted by the Elf himself!

Scoops was able to reach the Elf (King Elf of the Woods) for comment “I wasn’t really up to much, just pottering around my forest kingdom. I thought to myself ‘ah i haven’t been in touch with the elf who is in charge of the kingdom of dreams in a while, I’ll drop him an elf mail’. Much to my surprise when I logged into my special magic elf mail portal, I saw I had three emails from Northampton Town Football Club!” 
Where Gareth Wilshner's email ended up

Given we’ve only announced two new signings so far, we at Scoops were surprised to hear there were three emails. We wondered if King Elf of the Woods could maybe give us some inside knowledge on who may be the mystery third man. Worryingly the third email wasn’t about that at all “The third email was for the energy company EDF.  I understand they supply some of the power in the human realm. Anyway if i was an NTFC supporter, I’ll say one thing -bring a torch to night games next season”.

King Elf of the woods contacted the club through twitter to let them know of their mistake. “I tagged on the customary, ‘not a Northampton town fan, but will look out for your scores every saturday from now on’ to be polite. Next thing I was getting all sorts of offers”.


Savvy podcasts and supporters groups, knowing they had an opportunity to attract new support from the “Elf Dominion” started fighting over who was going to get him what. The Shoe Lickers facebook group offered to pay for his ifollow season ticket, so he could watch Sam Hoskins miss open goals in 240p resolution. The it's all cobblers to me podcast offered to buy the elf a shirt. Whilst the New Hotel End , offered to make him a very small safe standing terrace behind the goal, for him and his elf friends.

How the East Stand may look in the future


“All the offers have been very generous, but due to my busy elf schedule I doubt I’ll make it to a game next season” lamented the elf before continuing “However, much like the New Hotel End, if you believe in me hard enough, however fantastical or implausible i may be - i will be at the pts academy stadium next season”.

Cobblers Scoops is unsure if the club have rectified the registration error, so if you’re the supporter of another league club who's interested in two former Kilmarnock players nobody has ever heard of, just keep it to yourself alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment